It clicked!!!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

I'm having computer problems so I'm using Paul's laptop to write this post.
On Tuesday it clicked, Melissa was holding it and telling my mom and I she had to go potty. She had one small accident that day. On Wednesday she did good until we went out to eat with family. She had a pee pee accident in the car seat. I wasn't up set, but did tell her we don't pee pee in the car seat. After changing her and getting cleaned up we went out to eat. This was our first time going out to eat since we started potty training. Melissa did great, she told me she had to go potty. Yes had to go and went in the restaurant restroom. I was so proud of her. Also on Wednesday afternoon Melissa woke up from her nap with a dry bed. She had had a dry bed the last three afternoons. Melissa will tell us "No pee pee in bed"! She is so proud off herself. On Thursday Melissa didn't have one accident the whole day. She stayed in the same pair of panties all day. Same thing on Friday and today accident free!
The best news of all is that Melissa didn't wet her bed at all last night. My mom got her up around 11:30pm and she was dry, but she still put her on the potty just in case. Melissa didn't need to pee pee so back to bed. Around 3:00am I went in to check on her and her bed was still dry. I got her up to potty and she went. She told me "No pee pee in bed"! I told her I was proud of her and back to bed she went. I had to get her up early today for her Great Strides walk and her bed was still dry. She went all night with out peeing in her bed! I know it was only one night, but I'm so proud of her.

Today at the Great Strides Walk I didn't know how it would go with us walking 3 miles, but Melissa did great. She held it until we finished the walk. I took her to the SUV to the car potty and she went. That was her first time to pee in the car potty. Melissa is learning to control her bladder.

Since my computer isn't working, I will try my best to do the Q&A tomorrow! I just wanted to share with you all that it took a week for her to get the potty training down.

2 comments:

Katey said...

That's awesome that she is doing so well...congrats!!!

Kecia said...

Wow!!
Congrats Melissa!