Q&A on potty training

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Here are the the questions I got.

Like I said on my first post about potty training my friend told me about the 3 day potting training. I believe it helps to stick to one program. You also have to have Love, Consistency, Patience, Dedication, Positive Reinforcement and Focus. Here is the link to the 3 day potty training http://www.3daypottytraining.com

Question #1
Does she still sleep in a crib? That's got to be a pain changing sheets if she does.
Yes, Melissa is still in her crib. We don't have any reason to move Melissa in to a big bed yet. She still sleeps well in her bed and loves it. It was a pain to change, but it has all been worth it.

Question #2
I've been thinking of training Lil' Chris to sleep in his toddler bed first before I start potty training him. What do you think?
Well this is your personal choice. Is Lil' Chris climbing out of bed? Do you need him out of the crib? Are you seeing any signs of Lil' Chris ready for potty training? I really don't know how to answer this one. Just know that both are going to take time! I will need help when we do move Melissa in to a big bed.

Question #3
Do you use a training potty or the or the big potty?
I used the little seat on the big potty. I saw how Melissa was interested in the big potty that I thought she would do better on it. I also didn't want to have to retrain her to sit on the big potty. The little potty that goes on the big potty has handles and it has her favorite on it ELMO!

Question #4
What kind of potty seat do you have in the car?
I just bought a cheap potty chair from Target. I let Melissa know that it's in the car and if she needs to go potty not to potty in the carseat. This is also in the 3 day potty training program. The potty chair came in handy yesterday at the Great Strides Walk.

Question #5
How many pairs of underwear did you buy?
I had on hand at least 20 pairs. I'm so glad I bought that many because the first three days we went through a lot.

I hope those who are welling to give this a try have a positive experience. Please let me know if you do end up using the 3 day potty training program.

Traci


1 comment:

Lil' Chris' Mom said...

That was great! Thanks for answering my questions;-) I'll have to check that link out.

I'm soooo glad for you that it worked! I hope it goes that well with Lil' Chris!!
Thanks,
M