Melissa's CF Appointment

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Melissa had her CF appointment today. She is doing well PTL!!! Melissa continues to gain weight. Even though she doesn't eat everything Mom cooks for her and throws it on the floor she is 27 lbs. She has gained almost 3lbs in 3 months. That's awesome! Melissa blood work from 3 months ago showed that her vitamin D level is low. It's nothing to be alarmed with, but since she doesn't drink enough milk that might be why it is low. Lucky us we get to give her liquid vitamin D. Oh this is fun since she doesn't take the other liquid vitamins. We can put this in her drinks and food.

Every time we go for her visit/check ups, I think God for Melissa being healthy. I just found out from a friend of mine who has a student that is 17. He has been sick for a very long time and just found out that he has CF. Yes, at 17 he was diagnosed. I have heard of other being in there 20's and 30's being diagnosed. Please pray for Taylor and his family. I'm going to be contacting this family soon so they can have someone to talk to. I remember that day so well when we found out about Melissa. I know what this family is going through.

3 comments:

Amy E. said...

Thanks Traci.

Alicia said...

Great to hear Melissa is doing so well. We have clinic next week, and I am eager to get Sam's full work up. I'm always shocked by these late diagnoses. So glad you are there to help.

Kecia said...

Amem!! Weare really happy for Melissa! You are a ture woman of God!
God bless you!