Our Thanksgiving

Sunday, November 30, 2008

I know it's late, but we have been busy! Melissa, Paul and I had a great Thanksgiving. The night before my mom (DD) came to visit us for Thanksgiving. As we drove to the airport to pick her up we kept telling Melissa that DD was coming to see her. She would get so excited. When we got to the airport and found DD waiting on us outside, I told Melissa I see DD. She was saying DD over and over. When DD opened the door Melissa had a big smile on her face. It's so amazing how she can remember people already!
Thanksgiving day was nice. That morning we had breakfast and then we decorated our Christmas Tree. Oh Melissa loved every minute of it. I think she likes the lights more than the tree. She is really doing well with the tree. She will go up to it and kiss it. It's is so cute to watch her do that.

After lunch and Melissa's nap we headed over to Paul's sister and brother in-laws for Thanksgiving Dinner. Oh it was good and this was Melissa real Thanksgiving dinner. Last year she was just eating baby food. She didn't eat much this year, but she did eat the cranberry sauce. She thought it was Jello or ello as Melissa calls it.

We have so much to be Thankful for this year! Paul has a new job, having great family and Friends and Melissa is doing so well. I try not to think about the what if's, but I'm just blessed that we get to have her in our life. She is the joy of my life and everyday I spend with her my love for her grows. We just thank God that she hasn't had any set backs with her CF.


I hope you had a good Thanksgiving!


I just want to touch it OK!

Melissa walking Jack the Dog! Her BFF
Our Thanksgiving picture


Cousin Courtney playing with Melissa
Melissa, Aunt Maggie and Jack


Melissa and DD

2 comments:

Mark, Lena, Kaelyn and Connor said...

Kaelyn and Melissa are so much alike. Kaelyn also kisses the tree. She loves the lights too! Kaelyn also was not to interested in the Thanksgiving meal. Glad you all had a great Thanksgiving we did too!

Deb said...

you've got a beautiful little girl! i am not sure how i found my way to your end of the blog world, but i have a child with cf, too. he was diagnosed at 5 mo and now he is 15. reading your blog takes me back to those early days, which seems like forever ago!

i am thinking about your family!