Miss Independent

Wednesday, August 26,2009

Melissa has become miss independent. I haven't posted about potty training in awhile so for those who don't care to read about potty training well this is good news. Melissa has had some moments where she didn't want to go potty and would not tell me. I have had days that I thought what was I thinking I wish I had kept her in diapers! I guess over the last 4 months with me on my knees asking God please help Melissa understand and for me to get through potty training. Last week Melissa surprised me and told me "no mommy I can do it" and shut the bathroom door. I was talking to her telling her "pull your panties down and get on the potty and go pee pee". As I'm saying this I'm thinking big mess to clean up. I hear the sound of pee going in the potty and I started screaming "Good Job Melissa" She did it on her own. It has been a week and yes she has had some accidents in the bathroom, but at least she is trying to do this on her own so I can't get upset. What a difference it makes in 4 months. I can't wait to see how she is doing when she is 2 1/2 in December.
Melissa is also doing well at nap time. She is keeping her bed dry during nap time. She is still having problems with nighttime, but I have gone to waterproof panties I found and it is helping us get some sleep. Melissa will wake up when her panties are wet and still go potty at night. I gave up on getting up three times at night. We both need our sleep. I know with age the nighttime potty training will get better.

1 comment: