Saying good bye to diapers

Monday, April 20, 2009

I wasn't sure if I was going to blog about this or not. I guess I didn't want to hear all the negative comments about potty training. As I talk to other moms about potty training I was finding that you have to come up with what is best for your child. Potty Training can almost be one of those conversations that you don't want to bring up.

A very dear friend of mine was telling me about her problems with potty training her first daughter and how hard it was. Once she got potty training down it was getting close to potty training her second daughter. She didn't want a repeat of what happen with the first. She found out from some of her friends about 3 Day Potty Training

Some of you are wondering is Melissa even old enough to be potty trained? Well that's the million dollar question. I think she is and so does the lady who wrote 3 Day Potty Training. How do I know Melissa is ready, well for one she is showing signs. Over the last month Melissa has started hiding when she is having a BM. She needs her privacy. If you read up on potty training almost all books, or what ever you find tell you that is one of the signs.
Melissa turned 22 months last Friday. My goal was to have her trained by her 2nd Birthday. I know some of you are say it could back fire on you. Well I'm hoping it doesn't or should I say praying it doesn't. I'm going to blog each day about how it went or didn't go so well. This is a 3 Day Potty Training day and night. I won't blog until the end of each night.

Remember I'm a 1st time mom and I hope that this works and I can share this with those who are getting ready to potty train our child.

Traci

3 comments:

Kecia said...

Oh...
Every Mom knows what is best for her child! That's the person who knows her better than everyone!!

We are sure that you will be doing a very good job!

Love you in Christ!!

Graciy said...

Potty training is no fun. I am going through the same thing right now with my 23 month old. I will have to look in to the 3 day thing.

Lil' Chris' Mom said...

Is there a link to the 3 day potty training? I'd love to read about it! We just bought training pants for Lil' Chris.
M
PS. Good Luck!