This is all I wanted!

Melissa and I have been fighting the last couple of days with swaddling. She isn't wanting her arms tide down, so today I gave in an let her take a nap with her arms out and it worked! I don't know if I want to try it tonight.

Our first outing together

Monday, July 30, 2007

Today was the first time that Melissa and I got out of the apartment by ourselves! Since I was just released from my doctor on Friday, I had to try getting out on my own with Melissa. We didn't go to far, just to Babies R' Us! She was so good, it made feel good about getting out with her.

One of the first

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Well today was one of the first for Melissa. I have been trying for awhile to get her to like the swing. Today she gave into the swing and slept for 45 minutes. I'm hoping she will like her swing even more!

Here are some new pictures of Melissa!

Great Stride Walk for Cystic Fibrosis

Dear Family and Friends,
Paul and I are getting ready for the Great Stride Walk for Cystic Fibrosis and we need your help. If you would like to walk with our team and/or make a donation please go to the following website.

Please pass this onto your family and friends!

Paul, Traci and Melissa

More Visitors

My cousins on the Liberto side came to see me this past weekend! I wish I could play with them, but soon I will.

Sydney, Aunt Jackie, Me, Jordan and Conner

Melissa's 1 Month Pictures

Saturday, July 21, 2007

We took Melissa to have her 1 month pictures taken today! She did really good considering how young she is. I just had to have these made, she isn't going to be this small much longer. As they say, you always have lots of pictures of your first child and then forget about the others.

Melissa's 1 month check up

Friday, July 20, 2007

Today Melissa had her 1 month check up and she is doing well. She is weighing in at 8lb 8oz and is 20 1/4 in long. She is also cooing (talking), reaching out for things! Her doctor is very impressed with how she is growing. He didn't see anything wrong with her! She is also sleeping very well at night and taking good naps!

Melissa did get another Hepatitis B vaccine this time. Next month she gets 4 shots!

My Friend Kaelyn

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Today my friend Kaelyn Baker came to see me. I wasn't in a good mood so I needed a nap. Kaelyn's mom Lena and my mom worked together at Southwest and where pregnant around the same time. Kaelyn is 3 months older than me. Here are two pictures of us.

Kaelyn came to see me in the hospital


Since the day I was born, I have had a lot of visitors come see me! My mom and dad tell me I'm very popular. My mom can't post all the pictures of my visitors, but here a few to share. We will post more later on!

My friend Abby who is 3 years older than me.
My oldest cousin Lisa who is 26 on the Liberto side and my Grammie
My Uncle Dan. This is my Dad's brother
My cousin Jamie on my moms side of the family
My cousin Lauren on my mom side of the family
My cousin Katelyn on my mom side of the family

My great Aunt Cherry and Great Uncle Sherwood.

Melissa is 4 weeks old (1 month)

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Oh my where has the time gone! Our little girl is already 1 month old (July 17th). We are so blessed to have her in our life. Melissa has already brought us so much joy and we know there is more to come. Paul and I didn't know we could love someone so much as we love her.

Today we went to church for the first time since Melissa was born. I had her dressed in the outfit we brought her home from the hospital and it finally fits her. We can tell she is getting longer and gaining lots of weight.

On my way to church! I love my carseat!

Ok mom stop taking pictures I want to go to sleep!

I love playing on my playmat

Friday, July 13, 2007

I love to play on my playmat. I played for about 30 mintutes today! I even love to talk to the toys! My mom says I'm growing up to fast for her!

Update on Traci

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Well it's been almost 4 weeks since Melissa was born and I thought I would give and update on me.

I have lost 49 pounds already, yes I was a big girl! Most of that was the water (swelling). My blood pressure has gone down, but I still have to take my blood pressure medicine for at least two more weeks. I thought I would let you check out my feet. You can see that they are almost back to normal! Hey I can even feel my knee caps again!

Melissa is 3 weeks old!

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Today Melissa turned 3 weeks old! She is doing great! We have started her on medicine for her Cystic Fibrous (CF). She is weighing around 6lb 10oz and is 19in long.

Update on Melissa

At the beginning of the pregnancy with Melissa, I was tested for Cystic Fibrosis (CF). The test came back that I was a carrier. Paul also had to be tested as well. His test came back that he was a carrier. What this meant for us was that Melissa had a 25% chance that she would be born with CF or a 75% chance she would be a carrier or not have it at all.

You maybe asking the question what is CF? I will get to that.

We where sent to a genetic specialist to talk about CF. This is where we got all the good sonogram pictures of Melissa. Dr. Albert was looking for CF in Melissa's lungs and digestive system. He never saw anything, but that didn't mean it wasn't there. The only way we would know if Melissa had CF was to do a DNA test. We could have had a test done during the pregnancy, but there was a risk of loosing Melissa. Paul and I said we would wait until she was born to have her tested.

So here we are today. Melissa does have CF. We met with a team of specialist at Children's Hospital of Dallas today 7/5/07 and learned so much about CF. We do have our hands full, but with God seeing us through this and the support from our family and friends, we will be fine.

Cystic fibrosis is an inherited chronic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system of about 30,000 children and adults in the United States (70,000 worldwide). A defective gene and its protein product cause the body to produce unusually thick, sticky mucus that
a.. clogs the lungs and leads to life-threatening lung infections; and
b.. obstructs the pancreas and stops natural enzymes from helping the body break down and absorb food. In the 1950s, few children with cystic fibrosis lived to attend elementary school.

Today, advances in research and medical treatments have further enhanced and extended life for children and adults with CF. Many people with the disease can now expect to live into their 30s, 40s and beyond.

We ask that you go the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation website. This website is the only one you need to read. There is a lot of false information out there on the Internet.

Also we will be calling on you to help us with the Great Stride walk in September. This helps raise money for the CF Foundation. Thanks for your prayers.

Paul, Traci and Melissa

Happy 4th of July

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

We want to say Happy 4th of July!

Paul, Melissa and Grammie Liberto

Melissa is 2 weeks old

Sunday, July 1, 2007

We can't believe Melissa is already 2 weeks old today. Melissa is doing great, she is sleeping very well for a newborn. She is gaining weight and is very happy! As you can see in the pictures she loves her hands! Melissa is such a joy in our life!

Melissa 1 week old

Melissa 2 weeks old